Vanderbilt University History of Art Blog

Home » HART » Update from a HART Student Studying Abroad This Semester

Update from a HART Student Studying Abroad This Semester

Posted by on Friday, November 9, 2018 in HART, News, Student/Alumni, Vanderbilt University, VRC.

I was thinking of the department lately and thought I would send a quick hello and update you on my art history adventures in Florence! So far we’ve seen Orsanmichele, Lorenzo Ghiberti’s Gates of Paradise, Donatello’s Mary Magdalene, bronze David, and Saint George, the Palazzo Medici Riccardi’s Magi Chapel frescoes by Benozzo Gozzoli, Masaccio’s Holy Trinity, the Brancacci Chapel, and Fra Angelico’s frescoes in San Marco. I still plan to see Michelangelo’s David in the Galleria dell’Accademia and visit the Uffizi—we are going as a class in just a few weeks.

In Paris we visited the Louvre, Versailles, Sainte-Chapelle, Notre Dame, Musée d’Orsay and Musée de l’Orangerie (the Monets in the Musée d’Orsay were absolutely stunning and probably my favorite works that I’ve seen so far!). In Rome we visited the Colosseum, Pantheon, and toured the Vatican, including the Sistine Chapel which was unbelievably crowded! I also traveled to Padua to see the Scrovegni Chapel and Giotto’s frescoes, which were incredible! I have attached a few pictures from my adventures….can’t wait to see all of you in the New Year! —Delaney Houston ’20 (History of Art & Medicine, Health and Society)

delaneysanmarco

Recent Posts

Recent Comments

Archives

Categories

Meta

Recent Posts

Browse by Month