The Translational Bridge Seminar Series
These seminars are for MD and PhD investigators completing training and establishing their careers. If that’s you, read on:
Why should I come to these seminars?
For some of you, because it’s required by your degree program. For others, because your training program director nominated you, and you want to impress them, right? But for all of you, these seminars offer:
- Guidance on topics like grant writing, presentation skills, mentoring, career timeline, and getting a job in academia from successful, funded investigators.
- Advice tailored to your career stage.
- Fresh perspectives. (Not that your mentors aren’t great, but no one knows everything!)
- Responsible Conduct of Research credit (some seminars).
- A chance to ask questions about topics of concern to you, such as:
- In my situation, which K award should I apply for and when?
- How should I handle my first faculty job negotiation?
- What should I do about this conflict with my mentor?
- A confidential environment in which to ask questions.
- An opportunity to connect with others at similar career stages.
Office of Clinical & Translational Career Development OCTSD