Meet ImaginePhD: Career planning & exploration tool for the Humanities & Social Sciences
3:00 – 4:30 PM
Alumni Hall Memorial Hall (2nd Floor)
To assist us in planning we request that you RSVP
Are you a humanist or social scientist in need of some career direction? Have you reflected on the skills you have? Or what values are meaningful to you in a workplace?
ImaginePhD is a free and confidential career exploration and planning tool for humanities and social science PhD students and postdocs designed to help bridge the knowledge gap between doctoral education and the realm of career possibilities. ImaginePhD provides a unique opportunity for you to:
- explore the many career paths available to PhD students and postdoctoral scholars in the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- assess your skills, interests & values, and map those onto various career paths
- create an individual development plan (IDP): setting specific, measurable, achievable, realistic and time-based goals that will help you advance in your graduate program and your career.
- define and measure your progress while preparing for a wide range of careers.
- contextualize your research and its intrinsic value beyond the academic realm.
Please join us to learn more about how to make the most of this new resource!
The ImaginePhD project is powered by the Graduate Career Consortium (GCC). For more than 25 years, the GCC has been the professional network of staff and administrators who provide professional and career development for PhDs and postdoctoral scholars at their universities and institutions.