Academic Job Support
- Graduate School Career Development Services: one-on-oneadvising sessions, workshops, and online resources for PhD, MS, MA, MLAS and MFA degree seekers.
- Center for Teaching: promotes teaching and learning as ongoing and collaborative processes of inquiry, experimentation, and reflection. The CFT’s programs and services are available to full-time and part-time faculty, teaching assistants, post-doctoral fellows.
- Writing Studio: free and confidential writing resource for Vanderbilt students. You can meet individually with trained consultants and talk about all kinds of writing concerns and projects.
- Science Careers: options and information for careers in the natural and physical sciences. Create your own career plan with My Individual Development Plan (My IDP).
- Hume, Kathryn. Surviving Your Academic Job Hunt: Advice for Humanities PhDs. New York: Palgrave Macmillan, 2010 (2nd ed.). ISBN 978-0-230-10946-9 (at VU Heard Library)
- Vick, Julia Miller and Jennifer S. Furlong. The Academic Job Search Handbook. Philadelphia, PA: University of Pennsylvania Press, 2008 (4th ed). ISBN 978-0-8122-2016-2 (at VU Heard Library)
- Feibelman, Peter J. A PhD is Not Enough! A Guide to Survival in Science. New York: Basic Books, 2011 (rev.). ISBN 978-0-465-02533-6