Can I allow other people to edit my website?
Yes. You can add additional users (as long as they have a VUnetID).
- Login to your site – and click on the USERS menu on the left.
- Choose ADD USER. Type in the person’s VUnetID and select the role you would like them to have:
- Administrators have the same access to your site as you do (choose wisely!)
- Editors can edit all pages of your website, but cannot change site settings/theme options
- Authors can edit only pages they themselves create
- Contributors can create new pages, but cannot publish
- Click ADD USER to add the person to your site.
- Final Step:
- If the new user is ALREADY a my.vanderbilt.edu user — then they will see your site the next time the login. No further actions is needed.
- If the new user has NOT EVER used my.vanderbilt.edu — then they will need to activate their account first. After activation, your site will be available for them. (Activate account link)