Graduate Students – We Want You!
International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) is still looking for graduate/professional students to be mentors to incoming international students for the Fall 2017-2018 School Year. By being an iLEAD mentor, you’ll have the opportunity to mentor groups of 8-15 new students, lead discussion groups and volunteer during New Student Orientation, plan social and cultural programming for new students and broaden your leadership and group facilitation skills. You’ll also be part of a talented and diverse cohort of iLEAD Mentors! If you are interested, contact Grace Chee at email@example.com.
2017-18 undergraduate mentor selection process has been closed and completed.
For a list of selected mentors, follow this link: Meet The Mentors
Application Deadline: February 12th (by 11:59 pm)
Interview Day: February 20-28th
Result Announced: Early March – Meet the Mentors
iLEAD Retreat: Saturday, March 18th
Spring Training: Saturday, April 15th
Fall Training: mid-August (TBD)
The Office of International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) is now accepting applications for Fall 2017 iLEAD Mentors. iLEAD student mentors are current international and US students who are selected based on their experience and enthusiasm to build a welcoming environment to Vanderbilt for all incoming international students, even before they arrive at Vanderbilt. We are looking for both graduate and undergraduate (sophomores and up) level students. Compensation is not available at this time; however, iLEAD as a student organization will receive a yearly programming budget.
- Serve as peer leaders for a group of 8-15 new students, focusing on group dynamics and one-on-one peer mentoring
- Communicate with assigned students by email prior to their arrival and act as a resource
- Assist with International Student Orientation and all orientation activities
- Join a student organization that works to create relevant and engaging programming for new undergraduate and graduate international students
- Develop skills in leadership, group facilitation, psychological and counseling services, mentoring and cross-cultural awareness
- Apply for iLEAD on Anchor Link. Applications will go live on Dec. 18th at midnight and will close on Feb. 12th at midnight.
- Submit a recommendation letter. Applications require 1 recommendation from a Vanderbilt community member (staff, faculty or peer). Please click on the ilead-recommendation-form-2016 to view. The recommender must download and email the form directly to ISSS at firstname.lastname@example.org by the application due date.
- If selected, you will receive interview offers middle of February.
- Conduct interviews during the week of February 20-28th.
- Receive selection decisions by first week of March.