Opportunity to Hear First-hand about Congo Conflict

Dear Professor Clark,

My name is Whitley O’Connor and I represent the Global Poverty Initiative, a student organization here at Vanderbilt.  It is our goal to raise awareness and promote sustainable, innovative solutions to poverty around the world. 

I would like to tell you about a unique opportunity for you and Vanderbilt students. Next Thursday, September 30th, Sean Carasso, the founder ofFalling Whistles, is coming to Vanderbilt to speak about the war in the Democratic Republic of Congo. His organization is working to raise awareness of the conflict that has already claimed nearly 6 million lives, and what his organization is doing to rehabilitate escaped child soldiers. You can read more about Falling Whistles here. A young representative from Congo who has first-hand experience in the war will also be present.

When: Thursday, September 30th at 7:00pm
Where: Buttrick 101

Will you please notify your students and send this message along to anyone else who may be interested in attending? The Global Poverty Initiative and I hope to see you at this one-of-a-kind event. Please email me if you have any questions or would like additional information.

Sincerely,

Whitley O’Connor
Global Poverty Initiative
VanderbiltGPI@gmail.com

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.