In this video, Stacey walks her students through how people learn language and how her first-year language class will be organized. With a goal of Intercultural Communicative Competence in mind, students will use the experiential learning cycle to take in and process a new language, to connect that language with other core concepts, and finally to produce meaningful language themselves.
- Annotated Bibliography for Carola Mick (2014) “Sociological approaches to second language learning and agency”
- Annotated Bibliography for Broner and Tarone (2002) “Is it fun? Language play in a fifth-grade Spanish immersion classroom”
- Annotated Bibliography for May’s (2017) “Language, imperialism, and the modern nation-state system” (2017)
- Annotated Bibliography for “Comparing playful and nonplayful incidental attention to form” by Bell (2012)
- Teaching gender-inclusive language in the second language classroom