Student 4

One thought on “Student 4

1. Hi! I’m Jenn Coen and I’m currently an HOD major, but looking to minor in Environmental & Sustainability Studies. My family friend taught me how to use a sewing machine when I was eight, and I began sewing clothes in my free time then. In high school I became very interested in second-hand shopping in order to find interesting, one-of-a-kind clothing. I looked further into the importance of second-hand shopping and found so much information about the detrimental fast fashion most of us our subjected to, and became really passionate about advocating for companies with ethical business practice as well as sustainable fabrics and processes. I interned at Eileen Fisher RENEW in the Spring, a sustainable take-back program which takes old clothing pieces and reinvents them into new ones, and really fell in love with the initiative. Since then I have considered pursuing sustainable fashion as a profession, and I’m really excited to learn about practices abroad in this Made-in-Italy class!