Update 11/14

Posted by on Wednesday, November 14, 2018 in News.

1)This week I wanted to add password protection. I want this to protect patient data for when such data is added. I would also like to to finally add in the given dosage to the table. this will be based on the dosage selected from the pull down menus. This will allow us, when the data is exportable, to see what actual dosages were given and rather recommendations are being followed. Additionally, it will allow us to see dosing history as more data is compiled, which will allow us to see if results improve with more or less of a given drug for a given patient. I may also add alternative either to the pull down menus or as a separate menu. Tis will allow more accurate data tracking as doctors may an alternative for any number of reasons

2) I only actually got to work on the password. I made a separate webpage that launches to our main page when the correct password is entered. This is still a work in progress. I have given up on adding dosing options as I am still confused on why we want them if the website is supposed to be prescriptive. I will still have the options on the page and will still try to try to get them to export.

3) I am struggling to make the password hidden when typed in. Currently it shoes what is being typed.

4) I will need to consider alternative ways to enter a password or find a way to encrypt text.

5) Next I want to be able to export data next. This is important, or will be important rather, because we’ll want to be able to track a patients medical history and see what dosages were given on the past and how they worked. If our code is ever integrated into the electronic medical records, this will help keep everything in one place. For now I will find a function to export data from javascript to an excel file.