Home » Biography

I am a professor of economics at Vanderbilt University, a research associate at the National Bureau of Economic Research, a senior fellow at the Globalization and Monetary Policy Institute at the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, the managing director of the Centers for International Price Research. I served as co-editor of the Canadian Journal of Economics from (2010-2013) and am currently an associate editor of the Journal of Monetary Economics. I received my MA and PhD from the University of Rochester and an honors BA from the University of Western Ontario in Canada. I was President of the International Economics and Finance Society from 2012-2014. I have held faculty appointments at the Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania; Ohio State University; Stern School of Business, New York University and Melbourne Business School. My research focuses on international business-cycle transmission, microeconomic and macroeconomic aspects of international price determination and the role of commercial policy during the Great Depression. My research has been supported by the National Science Foundation and appears in the leading peer-reviewed journals of the profession.