News & Events
- Discovery of the genes that cause insect infertility advances understanding of new vector control strategy
- Secondary bile acid alters the microbial community and promotes intestinal carcinogenesis in mice.
- Targeting the oral microbiome may offer opportunities for treating diabetes.
Each animal species hosts a unique microbial community and benefits from it. by Dr. Seth Bordenstein, Dr. Kevin Kohl, and Andrew Brooks, November 28, 2016.
- A laboratory study of four animal species and their microbiota finds that each species hosts a unique community of microbes that can significantly improve its health and fitness.
Study shows excess dietary zinc worsens C. diff infection by Dr Eric Skaar and colleagues, September 26, 2016.
- Too much dietary zinc increases susceptibility to infection by Clostridium difficile — “C. diff” — the most common cause of hospital-acquired infections.