Week 6

While reading “Hindustan is a dream” I thought about how different words can be. How in this case, so many beautiful words can garner so much attention and praise, and at the same time, the words of those in power can have such negative effects on the lives of those they lead. Yet in many cases, words come out empty, hollow, lacking any meaning in them and by extension those who speak them. It seems to me that the power of these words comes from the intent and motivation behind them. All these poems, all these speakers, every word they have is precious because it’s the last one they may ever give. Thats why their words have so much meaning, because their intent is pure and straightforward. I like this explanation because it gives the sacrifices these people made for their goal of Hindustan mean so much more, but there are problems with this theory I cant ignore, like how do people who have no intention of following through on their words gain so much power from them? Either way, I appreciated how the article presents the ways words can be used to their fullest.

This entry was posted in News. Bookmark the permalink.