Suh Chap 3

After reading the introduction and chapter 3 I definitely have to say that I am on the same boat as Mandy. Prior to reading this text I had an idea of what PAC might look like and how abortions would be treated, however, after reading I can definitely say I was very off. I was definitely struck by the harsh regulation that exists on women’s bodies. I feel that often, especially in America, we think about the regulation of women’s bodies from the context of the way that a man will push that regulation. I thought it was interesting to see the way that this regulation is being pushed by other women.

It was also interesting to read about the unique role that healthcare providers have. I am currently taking a class called clinical ethics and it talks about the ethical guidelines that clinicians hold themselves to in regards to providing their patients with proper care. Through Suh’s work it definitely makes me think about ethics and how they are shaped by the environment and culture and how the line of ethical care moves throughout these different environments.

This entry was posted in News. Bookmark the permalink.