Suh – Knelson

“Spending money on an intervention may in fact be more critical to establishing political credibility within a short period of time than rigorously determining the intervention’s cost-effectiveness over long-term intervals” (110). This quotation in chapter four really grabbed me, gave me a good shake and a huge reality check. This summarization just serves as a poignant entry point into the nuanced balance between immediate action and long-term planning in addressing reproductive health issues. As I read the first three chapters, Suh set the stage by shedding light on the intricate interplay between political expediency and sustainable solutions. However, the first chapter created a really solid foundation for understanding the urgency of addressing post-abortion care as a critical component of reproductive health services. I didn’t know until reading the first chapter of this book how paramount the importance of investing resources in interventions really was. Suh then shifts in chapter three to explaining how we can prioritize immediate impact while acknowledging the broader implications for long-term sustainability instead of allowing little change to these intense government health regimes.

This entry was posted in News. Bookmark the permalink.