Reimbursement Policy

Please see Traveling to the United States (The National Academies), U.S. State Department and U.S. State Department Visa Waiver Program for information about visas. Note that starting January 12, 2009 all Visa Waiver Program (VWP) travelers are now required to obtain a travel authorization via the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) prior to traveling to the U.S. under the VWP.  Please call your local U.S. consulate or embassy and inquire what the rules are pertaining to your country.  If you are already in the U.S. on a visa (e.g. F-1, J-1, or H1B), please talk to the international office at your home institution and inquire about the rules pertaining to reimbursement.

Email any questions or concerns regarding this policy to Katherine Griffis.

All non-U.S. citizens who will be receiving financial support need to fill out a Business Visitor Questionnaire form BEFORE arriving in Nashville.  Participants might also be asked to submit W-8 or W-9 forms prior to being reimbursed. We will need detailed original receipts for any expenses for which reimbursement is claimed and copies of your visa/visa stamp and I-94 or ESTA form if applicable. Please note that Vanderbilt may be required to withhold U.S. income tax on your reimbursement.  Please see Vanderbilt International Service and International Tax website for more information.


Back Home