We’ve been asked by Vanderbilt Communications to video document our trip for potential used in promotional materials around the new Immersion initiative. So, consider using video for your blog posts (we will talk more about this in London). Here are some tips from Amy Wolf, the senior video producer in that office:
- Hold your phone horizontally; that way it will fill up the video screen.
- Hold your shot for several seconds without moving around too much; too much movement can be disorienting.
- Ask each other questions about one of our performances or experiences, or turn the camera to selfie mode to capture your own experience. Some possible questions:
- Why did you decide to join the Maymester?
- What are your goals for the trip?
- What’s been your favorite experience so far?
- Don’t feel like you have to be a professional; just shoot things that inspire you (they will edit the material). The more the better!
- Also post photographs; again, the more the better!