Sundays in London
- Visit one of the Sunday markets around London.
- Take the London Wall Walk to see the remains of Londinium (the Roman walled city).
- Visit the London Eye (or one of their other suggested activities for Sundays in London)
- Save your money! “What to Do For Free in London on Sundays”
- Didn’t get enough theatre yesterday? See a matinee! TKTS opens at 11:00 on Sunday, if you want to try your luck at a 1/2 price ticket.
- The National Gallery, London (good art)
- The National Portrait Gallery (right, portraits don’t sound particularly exciting, but those of you who are actors might find an interesting spark for character study. Plus, its fun to play the “divorced, beheaded, died” game with all of Henry VIII’s wives)
- The Museum of London (also great to pair with a walk of the Roman walls)
- The Tate Britain (more good art, British specifically)
- The Imperial War Museum and the Churchill War Rooms (excellent and critically engaged, not just a celebration of “hooray us!”)
- The Museum of London Docklands (Try to get to East London at least once; the neighborhoods along the river are a fantastic place to explore. The Grapes is a pub partially owned by Sir Ian McKellen and an excellent place for lunch while watching the river.)
- The Science Museum (I’ve never been here. I teach theatre)