Center for Safe & Supportive Schools
School climate refers to the quality and character of school life. School climate is based on patterns of students’, parents’ and school personnel’s experience of school life. A sustainable, positive school climate fosters youth development and learning. In a school with positive school climate:
- People feel socially, emotionally and physically safe.
- People are engaged and respected.
- Students, families and educators work together to develop, live and contribute to a shared school vision.
- Educators model and nurture attitudes that emphasize the benefits and satisfaction gained from learning.
- Each person contributes to the operations of the school and the care of the physical environment.
(This definition is adapted from the National School Climate Council.)
New Resource for 2015-2016:
Although our grant formally concludes on September 30, 2015, we are available to assist you with your school climate needs as time allows. Contact us: email@example.com or 615-343-6176.