- Findings through first grade released. We released a technical report describing effects from the RCT component of the study on children’s longitudinal outcomes through first grade. This report can be found on our website (click here for the direct link).
- Classroom observations complete in all four regions. We completed classroom observations related to the RDD component of the study in winter, 2012-13, and are currently preparing those data for analyses. We plan to release a technical report describing our findings in the near future.
- Assessments in Region 4 completed. Direct assessments of children in Region 4 of the study’s RDD component (the East region of the state) were completed in the fall of 2013. However, an important piece of the RDD study is that we track children into their Kindergarten year to make sure that they go into public kindergarten classrooms, which is part of the eligibility criteria for involvement in the RDD study. Cohort 2 children entered kindergarten in the fall of 2014, and all tracking data are complete, as well. We are currently writing a technical report on these analyses which we hope to release soon.
- RCT Assessments completed. Direct academic assessments of children in the RCT sample across the state, using Woodcock Johnson subtests, were completed in the spring of 2015.
- RCT Full Sample. We are continuing to collect information from the state database on the full randomized sample of students. These data include attendance, grade retention, disciplinary action, special education placement, ELL designation, and state standardized tests (taken in the 3rd grade and beyond). We completed the collection of this data for the 3rd grade year in the fall of 2015.
- Middle School Follow-Up. We are following a sample of 766 students that are directly interviewed annually as part of our follow-up study through 7th grade, some of whom were part of the original consented sample and others who have been tracked through the state database as part of the larger randomized study but were newly consented for the follow-up sample. A brief summary of the follow-up can be seen by clicking here.UPDATE for DOE_2018