USAC Meet a Member

Posted by on Monday, July 8, 2024 in Meet a USAC Member.

Sydney Bagley HeadshotWhat department do you work in and what is your job title?
I work in Development and Alumni Relations on the Parents & Family Philanthropy team. I am an Associate Director.

How long have you been a Vanderbilt employee?
I have worked at Vanderbilt for a little under 2.5 years. Since April 4th, 2022.

How long have you been a part of USAC and how has it impacted you?
I have been apart of USAC for a year. It has impacted me by getting to know different parts of campus and how the university works as a whole. It makes me have better knowledge in my role as I speak to parent’s about the culture on campus.

What is the greatest bit of advice a parent or mentor has given you?
Some days will just be bad days and that’s okay. It’s up to you to decide if we want to carry that feeling into tomorrow.

What is the best perk you have ever had at a job?
The best perk of my job is being able to travel and see parts of the country that I normally wouldn’t see. I got to go to Albuquerque, New Mexico and it was easily some of the best food I’ve ever had.

What do you enjoy doing to relieve stress?
My favorite thing to relieve stress is baking! I love making apple pie, cookies and banana bread.

Are you more productive at night or in the morning?  Do you think it is possible to change and get used to a new schedule?
I am 100% a night owl but with the promise of trying to be more active, I have slowly been transitioning to an early bird. It’s difficult and some days the sleep schedule doesn’t exist but it’s going to be so beneficial to my work/life balance in the long run.

What did you want to be when you grew up?
When I was growing up I wanted to be a wedding planner. Now as I plan my own wedding, I can 100% say that I do not want to do that anymore.

What is your favorite outdoor activity?
Laying out at the beach with a very good-bad book.

What skill or talent would you most like to learn?
I wish I could sew and design clothes! It would save a lot of money and I would love to be able to get exactly what outfit I’m picturing in my head!