Home » Library
Fora / workshop
The VIPPS U.S.-Japan Center organizes the annual U.S.-Japan Technology Forum that draws senior business and government participant from the U.S. and Japan.
The center organized the first Forum at VIPPS in the spring of 1990. Over 600 businessmen and observers have taken part in twenty-three annual Fora, fostering enhanced opportunities for joint business and technical cooperation.
Nearly 60 participants and observers participated in the Twenty-third U.S.-Japan Technology Forum on May 14 and 15, 2013. In keeping with past traditions, the Forum divided its attention broadly among three areas: general and specific policy developments affecting industries and bilateral cooperation; industry and sector trends with implications for cooperative projects; and, specific technologies that reflect emerging areas for possible cooperation or could play a role in future programs.
It is hoped that the relationships and ideas developed during the forum can be used to benefit the defense industries and defense itself on both sides of the Pacific.
Reports of the proceedings of recent Technology Fora are available below.
- Twenty-forth U.S.-Japan Technology Forum, May 14-15, 2013 -
- Twenty-third U.S.-Japan Technology Forum, May 15-16, 2012 -
- Twenty-second U.S.-Japan Technology Forum, May 17-18, 2011 -
- Twenty-frist U.S.-Japan Technology Forum, May 18-19, 2010 – 21st Forum rpt (E)
- Twentieth U.S.-Japan Technology Forum, May 12-13, 2009 – 20th Forum report (E
Critical Infrastructure Protection(CIP) Forum
- Eighth CIP Forum, November 29-30, 2012 CIPF Report 2012_ExecSum
- Seventh CIP Forum, December 1-2, 2011
- Sixth CIP Forum, December 2-3, 2010
- Fifth CIP Forum, November 18-19, 2008
- Fourth CIP Forum, November 28-29, 2007
- Third CIP Forum, November 27-29, 2006
- Second CIP Forum, November 29-30, 2005
- First CIP Forum, November 29- December 1, 2004
Workshops and Seminars (Mississippi State University)
- A Seminar on “Are Japan-U.S. Relations at a Turning Point?”, March 30, 2010, Mississippi State University
- Maritime Capacity Building, June 16-17, 2009
- ASIAN ENERGY SECURITY CONFERENCE Regional Cooperation in the Malacca Strait
- International Cooperation in the War against Terror in the Asia -Pacific Region
October 1-2, 2007, Jackson, Mississippi
March 8-9, 2006, Mississippi State University
Sankei Newspaper Articles (Japanese)
- 米国は中韓にこそ｢失望」すべし Jan 16 2014
- 首相が最高司令官である事は Oct 30 2013
- 日韓の間の「真実の話」をしよう July 26 2013
- 防衛問題でも「恐竜」絶滅させよ Feb 15 2013
- 「航行の自由」中国の手から守れ Dec 6 2012
- 南西諸島に尖閣防衛の砦を築け Oct 12 2012
- 尖閣防衛の先頭に立つは日本だ July 18 2012
- 日本よ原発に背向けてはならぬ April 3 2012
- “Fukutsu no Seishin de Sando Nihon no Kiseki o
(Japan’s Moment of Opportunity),” Seiron, Sankei Shimbun Sha, March 25, 2011.
- “Nichibei de Minami Shina Koko no Jiyu Kanshi o
(Japan and teh United States: Which one is too Soft on China?),” Seiron, Sankei Shimbun Sha, January 26, 2011.
- JFSS Quarterly Report Vol 59, Jan. 2014. (English title, “The First Year of Shinzo Abe as Prime Minister, Japan’s Theodore Roosevelt: Speaking Softly but Carrying a Big Stick“)
- JFSS Quarterly Report Vol 56, April 2013. (English title, “Three Plus Three Equals Six plus Alpha”)
- Research Institute of Economy, Trade & Industry, April, 2013.
- ”Nichibei Domei o Kangaeru (How to Revitalize the Japan -U.S. Alliance),”
JFSS Quarterly Report, JFSS, April 11, 2011, pp. 6-13.
- “From Marco Polo Bridge to Pearl Harbor , WHO WAS RESPONSIBLE?” edited, The Yomiuri Shimbun , December 8, 2006.
- “Japan-Taiwan Interaction: Implications for the United States,” co-authored with Tetsuo Kotani, NBR ANALYSIS, The National Bureau of Asian Research, Volume 16, Number 1, October 2005 .
- “The Maritime Basis of American Security in East Asia ,” co-authored with Robyn Lim, Naval War College Review, Winter 2001.
- ” Japan : America ‘s New South Korea?,” co-authored with Robyn Lim, Current History , September 2004, pp. 280-283.
- “Article Nine: Renunciation of War,” in Percy R. Luney, Jr. and Kazuyuki Takahashi, Editors, Japanese Constitutional Law , University of Tokyo Press, 1993, pp. 69 – 86.
- “The U.S.-Japan FSX Agreement: Cooperation or Confrontation in High Technology,” Business in the Contemporary World , Summer 1990, pp. 105-112.