Monthly Microsoft Patching – May – CIS General Application Servers
Vanderbilt IT will install Microsoft security patches on Windows servers starting Sunday, May 15, at 12 a.m. and ending Sunday, May 15, at 6 a.m. This will include monthly Windows server security update deployments, as well as any prior month patches that are still required.All non-redundant services will be impacted by a reboot of the server after patches are installed. The majority of systems are redundant, and there is no expected customer service outage.
The following systems will be briefly unavailable while the servers are rebooted:
• its-hcwnap80 (apphost2)
• SQL Cluster
• wins1, wins2
• prt1, prt2
• ITS hosted SharePoint sites
• vCenter (virtual server management)
• Databases also running on VUIT-HCWNDB04/05 (VUITHCSQLCLS):
• Peabody (Technical Contact: Richard Morton)
• VEHS (Technical Contact: Melanie Byers)
• Division of Student Life (Technical Contact: Scott Rutledge or Josh Culley)
• Core Infrastructure (DOAInventory – Brad Arnold MA4000 and AMMS; Technical Contact: Scott Evans)
• DAR (Dar_requesttracker DB) OOI (Pertrac Application).