Top Ten Cheap Dates Under 10 Bucks.

I’m sorry but no one, absolutely no one, wants to pay for anything these days. Being a college student living in Nashville, what better way to explore the city than through cheap and free adventures. Here are my top ten cheap dates. I vow to experience each and every one of them throughout the next two weeks. I won’t have to stray too far from my dorm or dig too deep into my pockets for these guys.

10. I vow to jam on “the Green.”

Every Thursday throughout the fall, Public Square Park is the scene for Live on the Green. They’re vision? “Keep it free. Keep it local. Keep it green.” Big names such as the Alabama Shakes will be appearing this Thursday. I will be front and center losing it like a teenybopper to the Biebs.

9. I vow to culture myself.

Dance Theatre of Tennessee partners with Centennial Park Bandshell to offer free performances of “Carmen” this weekend at 7:30. Pack a picnic and enjoy a cultural night out right at the park – donations accepted but the performance is completely free!

8. I vow to craft like a kid.

Robin’s Gallery is a local framing, art, home décor shop, and so much more. It hosts “Create It!” events throughout each month ranging from BYOB painting to festive and family events. This Sunday the gallery is hosting a free pumpkin painting event just in time to kick off the fall on the right note.

7. I vow to find a Danny to my Sandy.

What better way to see the latest blockbusters than at a classic drive-thru theatre? Located in Waterfront, TN just 20 minutes from Nashville, the Stardust offers double feature nights for far less than the typical mainstream theatre prices. Just 7 bucks to watch two new feature films and experience a Grease-like movie-going experience.

6. I vow to compete for a joke prize.

I will be heading over to Shelby Bottoms Nature Center to pick up their free fall scavenger hunt guide. The center sends you exploring through their park – the perfect activity for the perfect fall day. I’m grabbing friends, making it a competition, and running rampant through the park to win this hunt and redeem my token prize.

5. I vow to keep it classy.

Though typically the Frist offers student discounts, on Thursday and Friday nights from 5-9 they offer open gallery for all students. Scope out their website to see the exhibitions on display now and in the future and plan a cheap and incredibly classy night of contemporary and modern art at the Frist.

4. I vow to finally visit the Bluebird Café.

Head downtown to the legendary Bluebird Café to witness the up and coming perform and collaborate live. Most nights are free to enter with a $7 food or drink minimum. A cheap date night at one of the most famous venues in Nashville. What more could we want than live music in the heart of Music City?

3. I vow to have one magical, moonlit night.

Developed by a radio show to get their listeners active, Team Green Adventures offers many cheap and free events. This Sunday night is their monthly hike under the full moon. Leave your purse at home, grab your friends, and put on your hiking shoes because this 5-mile hike will be an incredible way to unwind and get active all under the gorgeous moonlight.

2. I vow to be artsy fartsy.

This coming Saturday and Sunday, Centennial Park is hosting the Tennessee Association of Creative Artists’ Fall Craft Fair. I’ve admittedly gone to this fair for the past two years and am shamelessly counting down the days. Though crafts may not be your cup of tea, just head over for some food, interesting creations, and a lovely way to spend a day outdoors.

1. I vow to experience true live country music.

The beloved Loveless Café that has been whipping up their famous biscuits since 1951, hosts a live radio show on Wednesday nights in their Loveless Barn. As Nashville continues to be the heart of country music, the vision of the show is to be an outlet for up and coming artists worldwide to join together, collaborate, and share their music. However, not everything you hear on the show will be country. The barn is a space for all folk, rock, jazz, world music, rockabilly, alternative… Any sub-genre you can imagine has a place in the acoustic haven that is the Loveless Barn. Every Wednesday night at 7. 10 bucks general admission. 5 bucks for students.  Haven’t been to Music City Roots but I promise I will be making an appearance next Wednesday. Tickets bought. Can’t wait.

This entry was posted in ballet, bluebird, centennial park, craft, dance, frist, hiking, live on the green, loveless, robin's gallery, shelby bottoms, stardust, team green. Bookmark the permalink.