Don Moore PhD
Don Moore is Professor of Medical Education and Administration at Vanderbilt University School of Medicine where he teaches a course entitled Learning Theory and Teaching Applications. He also teaches in a variety of faculty development workshops at Vanderbilt.
He serves as
- Director of the Office for Continuing Professional Development, which includes the Division of CME and the MOC Portfolio Program at the Vanderbilt University Medical Center.
- Director of Evaluation for the AMA-funded Re-imagining Residency project at Vanderbilt, Goals of Life and Learning Delineated: Collaboration Across Academic Health Systems to Better Align GME with Learner, Patient, and Societal Needs .
Dr. Moore received an MA in history (emphasis China) from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in 1975 and his Ph.D. in education (emphasis continuing education) from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in 1982.
He has published over 60 articles and book chapters and presented over 230 lectures and workshops at local, national and international conferences.
- the Accreditation Council for CME (ACCME) Raszkowski Award in 2009.
- the Alliance for CME Distinguished Service Award in 2010
- the Society for Academic CME Research in CME Award in 2011.
He was inducted into the Academy for Excellence in Teaching at Vanderbilt University School of Medicine in 2013 and was designated a Fellow of the Society for Academic CME in May 2017. He was inducted into the International Adult and Continuing Education Hall of Fame in November 2018.
He currently serves on the Advisory Committee for the Journal of Continuing Education in the Health Professions, on the Editorial Board for the Journal of European Continuing Medical Education, and regularly reviews manuscripts for Academic Medicine, the Journal of Continuing Education in the Health Professions, the Journal of European Continuing Medical Education, and Medical Teacher.
Don continues to work on the CME/CPD Outcomes Framework (Moore, Gallis, Green, JCEHP 2009 and Moore, Chappell, Sherman, and Vinayaga-Pavan, Medical Teacher 2018) as well as learning in the healthcare practice setting and the Master Adaptive Workplace Learner (Academic Medicine 2017).
Connect with Vanderbilt
©2023 Vanderbilt University ·
Site Development: University Web Communications