Assistant Professor of Mathematics (Non Tenure-Track)
Office: SC 1511
- Subspace Clustering Algorithms
- Low Rank Matrix Approximation
- Approximation Theory and Harmonic Analysis
- High Dimensional Sampling Theory and applications to Signal Processing
- Functional Analysis
- K. Hamm and J. Ledford, Cardinal Interpolation With General Multiquadrics: Convergence Rates (Advances in Computational Mathematics, Approximately 26 pages, To Appear).
- J.-L. Bouchot and K. Hamm, Stability and Robustness of RBF Interpolation, Sampling Theory in Signal and Image Processing, Vol. 16 (2017), 37-53.
- K. Hamm, Nonuniform Sampling and Recovery of Bandlimited Functions in Higher Dimensions, Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, Vol. 450, Issue 2 (2017), 1459-1478.
- K. Hamm and J. Ledford, Cardinal Interpolation With General Multiquadrics, Advances in Computational Mathematics, Vol. 42, Issue 5 (2016), 1149-1186.
- K. Hamm, Approximation Rates for Interpolation of Sobolev Functions via Gaussians and Allied Functions, Journal of Approximation Theory, 189 (2015), 101-122.
- A. Aldroubi, K. Hamm, A. B. Koku, and A. Sekmen, CUR Decompositions, Similarity Matrices, and Subspace Clustering, (Approximately 23 pages, Submitted).
- K. Hamm and J. Ledford, On the Structure and Interpolation Properties of Quasi Shift-Invariant Spaces, (Approximately 27 pages, Submitted).
- K. Hamm and J. Ledford, Regular Families of Kernels for Nonlinear Approximation, (Approximately 21 pages, Submitted).
Refereed Conference Proceedings
- A. Sekmen, A. Aldroubi, A. B. Koku, and K. Hamm, Principal Coordinate Clustering, 3rd Special Session on Intelligent Data Mining, IEEE Big Data 2017, Boston, MA (To Appear).
- A. Sekmen, A. Aldroubi, K. Hamm, and A. B. Koku, Matrix Reconstruction: Skeleton Decomposition versus Singular Value Decomposition, Proceedings of the 2017 International Symposium on Performance Evaluation of Computer and Telecommunication Systems, Seattle, Washington.
- K. Hamm and J. Ledford, On Bases of Cardinal Functions and Their Role in Approximate Sampling Methods, Proceedings of the 12th International Conference on Sampling Theory and Applications (SampTA 2017), Tallin, Estonia.
- K. Hamm, Sampling and Recovery Using Multiquadrics, Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Sampling Theory and Applications (SampTA 2015), Washington D.C.
- On a conjecture of Ulyanov concerning rearrangements of Fourier series of continuous functions (with B. Hayes and A. Petrosyan)
- Ph.D., Mathematics, Texas A&M University, 2015
- B.S., Mathematics (Honors), Texas A&M University, 2010
- B.S., Chemical Engineering, Texas A&M University, 2010
- Introduction to Analysis MWF 2:10pm – 3:00pm
- Accelerated Single-Variable Calculus II MWF 12:10pm-1:00pm
- Office Hours M 11:00am-12:00PM, W 11:00am-12:00pm and 3:00pm-4:00pm
- Students: For detailed class information, see Brightspace
- NonlinearApprox.m — Matlab function file from paper “Regular Families of Kernels for Nonlinear Approximation with J. Ledford