2023 Shanks Workshop on Advances in Mathematical and Theoretical Biology
March 17 — 19, 2023
About the Workshop
The focus of the workshop will be on modeling and analysis of ordinary and partial differential equation (ODE and PDE) models from different aspects of biological applications, such as infectious diseases, cancer and treatment, and population dynamics. The workshop will highlight significant recent developments in these areas and provide a forum for the participants to meet and communicate their recent work.
This workshop also celebrates the 80th birthday of Professor Glenn Webb. The workshop will honor his numerous contributions in the field of mathematical and theoretical biology and his continued commitment to the education of the younger generation of mathematicians.
If you would like to attend the workshop, please register and see the guidelines for financial support.
- William Fitzgibbon (University of Houston)
- Jasmine Foo (University of Minnesota-Twin Cities)
- Hayriye Gulbudak (University of Louisiana at Lafayette)
- Laurent Pujo-Menjouet (Claude Bernard University Lyon 1)
- Shigui Ruan (University of Miami)
- Jorge Velasco-Hernandez (Instituto de Matemáticas)
- Xinyue Zhao (Vanderbilt University)
- Mary Ann Horn (Case Western Reserve University & Vanderbilt University)
- Wandi Ding (Middle Tennessee State University)
- Peter Hinow (University of Wisconsin — Milwaukee)
- Xi Huo (University of Miami)
Supported by the Shanks Endowment, Vanderbilt University, and the National Science Foundation.