Ghost in the Shell

I chose this scene to write about because I think it is visually one of the best in the movie. There is great juxtaposition of the run-down ghetto against the background when he standing at the edge looking out over the city. It looks almost surreal and heavenly, and his demeanor immediately changes to one of  desire and wonder when he his looking over it (:12). This is suddenly broken up by a shadowed assailant, knocking him on his back and giving off a feeling of helplessness and he lays there in the shallow water. I really like the ripple effect the water gives off of him, and it very much relates to the opening scene of the movie when the android is being created with liquid coming off of her body, here he lays in potentially the last moments of his life in a similar fashion. It is drawing connections between birth and death here. I thought this was such an interesting fight scene mostly because of the one-sided nature of it. It is never a fair fight from the start, showing that even with inhuman power and abilities, they are still as human as me and you when it comes to dying.

This entry was posted in VF for Ghost in the Shell, Virtual Forums. Bookmark the permalink.