Call for Posters
The 2017 Vanderbilt Translational Research Forum will feature more than 25 nationally recognized Vanderbilt researchers presenting their translational science, as well as special guest speaker Dr. Jacob Corn. A poster session will provide students and investigators in health research at Vanderbilt (VU and VUMC) and Meharry Medical College the opportunity to present work in progress or completed work and gain valuable feedback from colleagues and other forum attendees.
- Any Vanderbilt or Meharry student or investigator
- Must be registered for the 2017 Translational Research Forum (Click here to RSVP)
- Must be able to hang poster in the Student Life Center Ballroom on Friday, October 13, between 7:00 and 7:30 a.m.
- Must be available to present the poster in person on Friday, October 13 from 9:20 to 10:15 a.m. and 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- First place: Paid meeting registration, hotel, and airfare costs to attend the Association for Clinical and Translational Science’s annual meeting, Translational Science 2018, in Washington, DC, on April 19-21, 2018
- Second and third place: Paid meeting registration costs to attend the Association for Clinical and Translational Science’s annual meeting, Translational Science 2018, in Washington, DC, on April 19-21, 2018
- A review committee will select the prize recipients based on the following criteria:
- Background/significance: research question or hypothesis
- Methods: design, setting, sample, analysis (to-date)
- Results: summary of significant findings (to-date)
- Conclusion: description of impact, application of results (to-date)
- The abstract should be no longer than one page, double-spaced, size 12 font.
- It should be submitted as a Word document saved under the file name: Last Name_Poster_Abstract (ex: Smith_Poster_Abstract.doc).
- The abstract submission form (http://bit.ly/vu-abstract) must be completed no later than 5:00 p.m. on Friday, September 15, 2017.
- Accepted poster presenters will be notified by September 22, 2017.
- Judges will be chosen from the Vanderbilt faculty based on the research areas and methods used in submitted abstracts.
- Those accepted should submit their poster designs to the BRET Office Poster Printing Service no later than Friday, October 6.
- The Office of Clinical & Translational Scientist Development, Master of Public Health, and Master of Science in Clinical Investigation will pay for poster printing done through the BRET Office Poster Printing Service; presenters who choose to use a different printing service are responsible for paying their printing fees.
- Poster size should be 36” x 48”, oriented horizontally