Meet a USAC Member: Haley Jones

Posted by on Thursday, November 5, 2020 in Meet a USAC Member.

Meet a USAC Member

Meet a USAC Member - Haley Jones

What department do you work in and what is your job title?
I work in the Office of the University Registrar as a Program Coordinator/Credentials Analyst.

What has been your career journey to lead you to where you are today?
I started in Admissions during my undergraduate career at Blackburn College in Carlinville, Illinois. Upon graduating in 2016, I moved to Nashville with my boyfriend (now my husband) and started working in Admissions at DeVry University. About a year later, I started looking for a new path within higher education. In 2018, I accepted a position at Vanderbilt University working in the Office of the University Registrar as a Program Assistant/VA School Certifying Official and have since moved to a new area within the same office working with undergraduate transfer credit as a Program Coordinator/Credentials Analyst.

What is the greatest bit of advice a parent or mentor has given you?
If you only see the negative side of things, you will find yourself growing more miserable each day. If you can learn to see the positive side of things, you will find yourself to be a lot happier.

What is the best perk you have ever had at a job?
The best perk came from the Walt Disney Company when I worked at Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida. It was amazing to go into the parks for free as much as I wanted!

What do you enjoy doing to relieve stress?
My go-to for relieving stress is the gym. I do have backups though in case that does not get the job done! My other ways to relieve stress are to travel or try something new, even if it is just trying a new recipe!

If you could visit any country with no budget, where would you visit?
I would not visit just one country! My husband and I absolutely love Game of Thrones. So, if we had no budget, we would take an incredibly long visit to all of the locations where the show was filmed: Ireland, Iceland, Croatia, and Spain to name a few.

What has been your favorite vacation you have ever been on?
My girls trip cruise in February 2020. My 3 best friends and I celebrated our five-year anniversary as a group by taking a cruise together! We went to the Cayman Islands and Cozumel – we even swam with stingrays!

Name two things you consider yourself to be good at?
Anyone who knows me will tell you that I am good at planning. My planner is always with me and I have several spreadsheets that I use daily in my life! I am also good at packing an insane number of things into a carry-on suitcase when I travel. I love to travel so I have picked up on some tips and tricks over the years!

What is something on your bucket list?
I would love to hold a world record for binge watching! I really love watching an entire series or a season as soon as it comes out on a streaming service… then I re-watch it when I start the entire series over again! The most recent show I watched and then re-watched is Schitt’s Creek.