USAC Meet a Member: Dallas Albright

Posted by on Monday, March 4, 2024 in Meet a USAC Member.

Dallas Allbright HeadshotWhat department do you work in and what is your job title?

I currently share my time between the Blair School and the Divinity School as the Associate Administrative Officer.

How long have you been a Vanderbilt employee?

I have been with Vanderbilt for just under 5 years. I started within A&S before moving to my current schools.

What has been your career journey to lead you to where you are today?

Instead of going to college right after high school, I started working full time. I have done a little bit of everything from being a barista, an EMS dispatcher, working with FedEx on international shipments, and scheduling therapists. Vanderbilt was my introduction to higher education and here I have transitioned from Admin Assistant, to Manager, to Associate Officer.

If you could visit any country with no budget, where would you visit?

Belgium! Good chocolate, good soccer, and great beer – this is on my husband and I’s travel list in the next few years!

What has been your favorite vacation you have ever been on?

For our honeymoon, my husband and I went to Ireland. We spent 10 days traveling all through the country staying at different BnBs. We explored countless castles, hiked, and enjoyed the people and pubs.

What is your favorite outdoor activity?

My family and friends call me “indoorsy” instead of outdoorsy. I love a good hike, but much rather be on a screened in porch reading a book. 😊

If you had an extra hour each day, how would you spend it?

At the moment, organizing. I recently made a big move and have so much to unpack and organize at the new house. I find myself wishing for just a little more time each day to get things done. So much so this is all that comes to mind currently!