Assistant Professor of the Practice
Department of EECS, VUSE
- PhD, 2013, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, India
- MS by Research, 2010, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, India.
- BTech, 2005, West Bengal University of Technology, India
Dr. Uttam Ghosh joined Vanderbilt University as an Assistant Professor of the Practice of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science in January 2018.
Dr. Ghosh obtained his PhD in Electronics and Electrical Engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, India in 2013, and has Post-doctoral experience at the University of Illinois in Urbana-Champaign, Fordham University, and Tennessee State University.
His main research interests include Cybersecurity, Computer Networks, Wireless Networks, Information Centric Networking and Software-Defined Networking.
Dr. Ghosh is selected for Junior Faculty Teaching Fellow for 2018-19 in Vanderbilt University.
He is also serving as Associate Editor and Reviewers of reputed journals and conferences.
He is a Senior member of the IEEE.
Member of Sigma Xi, AAAS, ASEE, and ACM.
- Invited to serve as Program Vice Chair to 22nd IEEE International Conference on High Performance Computing and Communications IEEE HPCC 2020.
- “Blockchain-based Transaction Validation Protocol for a Secure Distributed IoT Network” in IEEE Access, on June 16, 2020 [Accepted].
- “Artificial Intelligence Enabled Road Vehicle-Train Collision Risk Assessment Framework for Unmanned Railway Level Crossings” in IEEE Access, June 14, 2020 [Accepted].
- Organizing a Special Special Section on Trust, Security and Privacy Solutions for Intelligent Internet of Vehicular Things” IEEE Magazine of Consumer Electronics (IEEE MEC).
- Organizing IoST-5G-B5G: 1st ACM Workshop on Recent Trends of Internet of Softwarized Things- 5G & B5G with ICDCN 2021.
- Organizing a Special Issue on Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning Enabled Reconfigurable Wireless Networks IEEE Transactions on Network Science and Engineering (IEEE TNSE).
- Organising Special Issue on Massive Sensors Data Fusion for Health-care Informatics in Springer Annals of Telecommunications.
- Organizing 1st IEEE Workshop on V2X and Advanced Security and Privacy in Internet of Vehicles (V2X&ASP) co-located with IEEE Globecom 2020.
- Organizing 1st IEEE Workshop on Security and Privacy in Distributed Ledger Technology IEEE SP-DLT 2020 co-located with IEEE MASS 2020.
- Organizing 2nd IEEE Workshop on Security Trust Privacy for Cyber Physical Systems in conjunction with IEEE SECON 2020.
- Invited to serve as a Technical Program Committee Member of The 16th International Conference on Mobility, Sensing and Networking (MSN 2020).
- Invited to serve as a Technical Program Committee Member of IEEE COMPSAC 2020.
- Invited to serve as a Technical Program Committee Member of SpringSim2020.
- Invited to serve as a Technical Program Committee Member of ICCCN 2020.
- Invited to serve as a Session Chair on Cyber Physical Systems of IEMCON 2019.
- [On going]An Edited book proposal on Deep Learning for Internet of Things has been accepted in CRC Press, USA. For More details visit CFP. Accepting Chapters.
- [On-going] Special Issue on Cyber Physical Systems: Prospects, Challenges, and Role in Software Defined Networking and Blockchain. For More details visit CFP. Accepting Papers.
- [On-going] Special Issue on Deep Learning for Future Smart Cities. For More details visit CFP. Accepting Papers.
[On-going] Edited book on Internet of Things and Secure Smart Environments with Chapman Hall, CRC Press, USA. Submission Closed.
- [On going] Journal Special Issue on Intelligent Multimedia Networks: Architectures, Applications, Privacy and Security. For more details visit CFP. Submission Closed.
- [On going] Journal Special Issue in ACM Transaction of Internet Technology (TOIT) has been accepted. For More details visit CFP. Submission Closed.