Other Summer Research Opportunities
In addition to the Vanderbilt Undergraduate Summer Research Program, undergraduate students may want to investigate these other opportunities and visit the Undergraduate Research at Vanderbilt hompage.
- Vanderbilt Summer Science Academy – offers undergraduate students in the biomedical sciences the opportunity to come together for seminars and other enrichment activities.
- The SyBBURE Searle Undergraduate Research Program is a year-round program that aims to provide undergraduate students with mentored experiences in advanced scientific investigation with some of the University’s leading research and teaching faculty. The program provides a culture of creativity, innovation, and teamwork that serves to incubate the minds of the next generation of scientists, engineers, researchers, and inventors. Students are provided with a number of unique and ever-changing opportunities.
- Vanderbilt School of Engineering summer research program. Each student in the program works for 10 weeks under the supervision of a School of Engineering faculty member.
- The Leadership Alliance Summer Research Early Identification Program (SR-EIP). Vanderbilt is a member of The Leadership Alliance, a consortium of 31 institutions of higher learning dedicated to increasing diversity in doctoral programs and on college and university faculties. The Alliance collaborates in a number of programs, from undergraduate research to national symposia, to increase the participation of historically underrepresented groups in higher education. Vanderbilt is a participant in the Alliance’s Summer Research Early Identification Program (SR-EIP) and maintains a summer research program for undergraduates who are racial/ethnic minorities, women in the sciences and engineering majors, or who are from socioeconomically disadvantaged backgrounds. For more information contact Assistant Dean Don Brunson.
- National Science Foundation Research Experience for Undergraduate (REU) Sites – search for summer opportunities at NSF REU sites in many scientific disciplines at numerous institutions and organizations through the United States.
- Council on Undergraduate Research – look for opportunities to present your work in a number of forums geared towards undergraduate presentation of research.
- Oak Ridge Associated Universities (ORAU) Summer Research Programs – ORAU oversees several summer undergraduate research programs at Oak Ridge National Laboratory and other national laboratories.
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory Challenge Program – an innovative new program designed to give undergraduates an early start on the scientific process and solving real world science problems. The two challenges are “Simulation and Design of Artificial Model Magnets Challenge” and “The ORNL Distributed Energy Research Challenge.”