Skip to main content

December, 2019

When is the collection of social security numbers required for human subject participation payments by Vanderbilt University?

Dec. 2, 2019—The IRS requires Vanderbilt to file form 1099-MISC (Miscellaneous Income) for each person receiving taxable payments of at least $600 during the calendar year. Guidelines for the 1099-MISC are listed at the following link: In order to satisfy our IRS reporting obligations, Vanderbilt collects the appropriate paperwork (which includes social security numbers) for human...

Read more

How does VU pay vendors and how can we all help?

Dec. 2, 2019—The following chart gives a quick overview of Vanderbilt’s purchasing and payments processes: VU faculty and staff can help this process run as smoothly and quickly as possible by double-checking the following steps: When reviewing contracts or agreements, authorized delegated signatories should always ensure that Vanderbilt’s standard “net 45 days” payment terms are listed. “Net...

Read more