Research

My dissertation research is broadly focused on questions of disembodiment in medieval poetry. In that project, I engage a variety of voices from continental philosophy to bring the medieval world into lively conversations with contemporary questions about human perception, literary interpretation, and the production of meaning.

I also work with a group of colleagues from Vanderbilt and elsewhere on reconstructing Old French pronunciation. Led by Dr. Lynn Ramey, our goal is to create and circulate a series of approachable pedagogical resources for the teaching and learning of Old French pronunciation.

In my work within Media Studies, I am invested in understanding how media ecologists engage existing discourses in philosophy of mind and semiotics in order to pose questions about the mediated character of human sense experience and cognition.

Finally, I work to incorporate my experience as a stage actor and director into my academic teaching and research. In the fall of 2017, I translated a portion of Le fils du tapissier: épisode de la vie de Molière by Haitian playwright Charles Moravia, a translation that I subsequently directed as a staged production at a professional theater in Nashville, Tennessee. I used this original translation as the basis of a teaching unit in an introductory language course I taught at Vanderbilt, a process that I hope to expand during the coming years into an interactive educational performance piece designed for high school and college students of French language and Francophone cultures.

Recent Comments

Archives

Categories

Meta