Below you will find links to and brief descriptions of a variety of external websites that provide more news and perspectives on marijuana law and policy. The websites are organized (loosely) into give groups:
- Americans for Safe Access
- The Council on Responsible Cannabis Regulation
- Drug Policy Alliance
- Law Enforcement Action Partnership (LEAP)
- Marijuana Policy Project
- National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws (NORML)
- Smart Approaches to Marijuana
Blogs and News
- Brand & Branch Blog. Law firm blog focusing on developments in IP law (trademarks, etc.) that affect the cannabis industry.
- Cannabis Law Report. News site covering broad range of topics concerning marijuana, and especially marijuana law.
- The Cannabist. News site started by Denver Post; covers broad range of topics concerning marijuana.
- Cannalawblog. Law firm blog covering developments in marijuana law that affect the cannabis industry.
- Cannifornian. News site started by several media outlets; covers broad range of topics concerning marijuana, with a particular focus on California.
- High Times. News magazine covering broad range of topics concerning marijuana.
- Marijuana Law, Policy & Reform. Law professor blog covering broad range of developments in marijuana law.
- Alaska Alcohol and Marijuana Control Office – recreational
- Colorado Marijuana Enforcement Division (MED)
- Oregon Health Authority – medical
- Oregon Liquor Control Commission – recreational
- Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board (LCB)
- Leafly. Provides information on marijuana strains and locations of marijuana suppliers.
- National Cannabis Bar Association. Association for attorneys who practice in marijuana law.
- Weedmaps. Provides locations of marijuana suppliers.
- Brookings. Think-tank that conducts research on marijuana policy (among other topics).
- CannaRegs. Fee-based service that tracks proposed and enacted state and local marijuana laws.
- Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. Compiles systematic reviews of studies assessing marijuana’s efficacy as treatment for certain illnesses.
- National Conference of State Legislatures (NCSL). Compiles information on state marijuana reforms.
- RAND Drug Policy Research Center. Think-tank that conducts research on marijuana policy (among other topics).
- Social Science Research Network (SSRN). Searchable database of social science research on marijuana law and policy (among many other topics).