Register for Swim Lessons at the Rec This Summer!
Develop new skills and strokes with Vanderbilt Swim School! Group and private swim lesson registration is available online NOW at the Vanderbilt Recreation & Wellness Center (Rec). Participants work individually or collectively in a group setting with a certified swim instructor. Depending on swim ability and the lesson curriculum, swimmers will learn techniques for basic water survival or stroke refinement.
Group lessons : Summer sessions starting June 4!
- $180/per session – A session includes 8 lessons
- Lessons occur 4 days a week for two weeks and are 30-50 minutes in length (Monday-Thursday)
- Fridays are reserved for makeup lessons in case of inclement weather
- Classes led by a Red Cross Certified Water Safety Instructor (WSI)
Private lessons are 30 minutes in length and are one-on-one with an instructor. Lessons may be scheduled when the pool is open, with the exception of Mondays-Thursdays 4pm until 6pm. Once online registrations are received by the Vanderbilt Swim School office, lessons will be scheduled.
Semi-private lessons are 30 minutes in length and are two participants per instructor. Participants should be at or near the same swim skill level and age for enrollment. Lessons may be scheduled when the pool is open, with the exception of Mondays-Thursdays 4pm until 6pm. Once online registrations are received by the Vanderbilt Swim School office, lessons will be scheduled.
Registration for swim lessons requires each participant to have a Rec account.
- Participants can register for Swim lesson through their Fusion profile. If the participant is a minor, the parent/guardian must register for the swim lesson under the minor’s profile.
- If you are a student/Rec member, you already have an account and you can log-in to register for the swim lesson.
- If you are not a VU student, Rec member or you are purchasing a swim lesson for a minor, please create an account at https://rec.vanderbilt.edu/Account/Registerby selecting the “Sign Up” button.
- Once you have created an account, you will be able to register for swim lessons.
For additional information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org