1. “Instantaneous band-gap collapse in photoexcited monoclinic VO2 due to photocarrier doping,” D. Wegkamp, M. Herzog, L. Xian, M. Gatti, P. Cudazzo, C. L. McGahan, R. E. Marvel, R. F. Haglund, Jr., A. Rubio, M. Wolf and J. Stähler, submitted to Physical Review Letters (LU14805), July 2014. http://arxiv.org/abs/1408.3209
2. “Fabrication and Performance of a Polymer-Nanocomposite Anti-Reflective Thin Films Deposited by RIR-MAPLE,” S. Senthilraja, K. E. Schriver, D. C. Mayo, M. J. Kelley and R. F. Haglund, Jr., accepted for publication in Applied Physics A: Materials and Processing, June 11, 2014.
3. “Optical Switching and Photoluminescence in Erbium-Implanted Vanadium Dioxide Thin Films,” H. Lim, N. Stavrias, B. C. Johnson, R. E. Marvel, R. F. Haglund and J. C. McCallum, Journal of Applied Physics 115, 093107 (2014).
4. “Resonant infrared pulsed laser deposition of cyclic olefin copolymer films,” S. Singharavelu, J. M. Klopf, K. E. Schriver, H. K. Park, M. J. Kelley and R. F. Haglund, Jr., Applied Physics A: Materials and Processing 114, 1285-1293 (2014). DOI 10.1007/s00339-013-7933-7.
5. “Resonant infrared pulsed laser ablation of polymers with single picosecond pulses generated by an optical parametric amplifier,” M. Duering, R. F. Haglund, Jr. and B. Luther-Davies. Applied Physics A: Materials and Processing 114, 151-159 (2014). DOI 10.1007/s00339-013-7946-2.
6. “Surface-plasmon-mediated photoluminescence from Ag-coated ZnO-MgO core-shell nanowires,” D. C Mayo, C. Marvinney, E. Bililign, R. Mu and R. F. Haglund, Jr., Thin Solid Films 553, 132-137 (2014). DOI: 10.1016/j.tsf.2013.11.131.
7. “Ultrafast Phase Transition via Catastrophic Phonon Collapse Driven by Plasmonic Hot-Electron Injection,” K. Appavoo, N. F. Brady, B. Wang, M. Seo, J. Nag, R. P. Prasankumar, S. T. Pantelides, D. J. Hilton and R. F. Haglund, Jr., Nano Letters 14, 1127-1133 (2014). DOI: 10.1021/nl4044828
8. “Metal-Oxide Nanoparticle Film Deposition using Resonant Infrared Matrix-Assisted Pulsed Laser Evaporation,” D. Mayo, O. Paul, I. J. Aiuoyo, Z. Pan, K. E. Schriver, H. K. Park, R. R. Mu, R. F. Haglund, Jr., Applied Physics A: Materials and Processing 110, 923-928 (2013).
9. “Electron-beam deposition of VO2 thin films for optical applications,” R. E. Marvel, K. Appavoo, J. Nag, B. K. Choi and R. F. Haglund, Jr., Applied Physics A: Materials and Processing 111, 975-981 (2013). DOI 10.1007/s00339-012-7324-5.
10. “Electrical control of optical properties of monolayer MoS2,” A. K. M. Newaz, D. Prasai, J. I. Ziegler, D. Caudel, S. Robinson, R. F. Haglund, Jr. and K. I. Bolotin, Solid State Communications 155, 49-52 (2013). http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ssc.2012.11.010.
11. “Room-temperature reactions for self-cleaning molecular nanosensors,” K. H. Warnick, B. Wang, D. E. Cliffel, D. W. Wright, R. F. Haglund and S. T. Pantelides, Nano Letters 13, 798-802(2013). DOI: 101021/nl304598p, 15 January 2013.
12. “Tracking the evolution of the electronic and structural properties of VO2 during the ultrafast photoinduced insulator-metal transition,” S. Wall, L. Foglia, D. Wegkamp, J. Stähler, M. Wolf, K. Appavoo, J. Nag and R. F. Haglund, Jr., Physical Review B 87, 115126 (2013).
13. “An all-optical, reconfigurable, ultra-compact silicon ring resonator controlled by a semiconductor-to-metal transition,” J. D. Ryckman, K. A. Hallman, R. E. Marvel, R. F. Haglund, Jr. and S. M. Weiss. Optics Express 21 (9), 10753-10763 (2013).
14. “Bandgap Engineering of Strained Monolayer and Bilayer MoS2,” H. Conley, B. Wang, J. I. Ziegler, R. F. Haglund, Jr., S. T. Pantelides and K. I. Bolotin, Nano Letters 13, 3626-3630 (2013). DOI: 10.1021/nl4014748.
15. “Plasmonic Probe of the Semiconductor to Metal Phase Transition in Vanadium Dioxide,” D. W. Ferrara, J. Nag, E. R. MacQuarrie, A. B. Kaye and R. F. Haglund, Jr., Nano Letters 13(9), 4169-4175 (2013). DOI: 10.1021/nl401823r.
16. “Generation of phosphor nanoparticles for temperature sensing by laser ablation in liquid,” S. M. Avanesyan and R. F. Haglund, Jr. Applied Physics A: Materials and Processing, Rapid Communication. 113, 9-12 (2013). DOI: 10.1007/s00339-013-7872-3.
17. “Switchable plasmon-induced transparency in gold nanoarrays on vanadium dioxide film,” C. McGahan, K. Appavoo, R. F. Haglund, Jr. and E. P. Shapera, Journal of Vacuum Science and Technology B 31(6), 06FE01 (2013). DOI: 10.1116/1.4826561.
18. “Tunable optical antennas enabled by the phase transition in vanadium dioxide,” S. Earl, R. E. Marvel, R. F. Haglund, Jr. and A. Roberts, Optics Express 21 (22), 27503-27508 (2013). (Selected for Surface Plasmon Photonics VI special issue.)
19. “Plasmonic Control of Near-Interface Exciton Dynamics in Defect-Rich ZnO Thin Films,” B. J. Lawrie, R. Mu and R. F. Haglund, Jr. Plasmonics 8, 693-697 (2013). DOI 10.1007/s11468-012-9459-9.
20. “Photothermal optical modulation of ultra-compact hybrid Si-VO2 ring resonators,” J. D. Ryckman, V. M. Blanco, J. Nag, R.E. Marvel, B. K. Choi, R. F. Haglund, Jr. and S. M. Weiss, Optics Express 20, 13215-13225 (2012).
21. “Non-congruence of thermally driven structural and electronic transition in VO2,” J. Nag, E. A. Payzant, J. Y. Howe, Karren L. More and R. F. Haglund, Jr., Journal of Applied Physics 112, 103532 (2012).
22. “Ultrafast Phase Transition in VO2 Driven by Hot-Electron Injection,” M. Hada, D. Zhang, A. Casandruc, R. J. D. Miller, Y. Hontani, J. Matsuo, R. E. Marvel and R. F. Haglund, Jr., Physical Review B 86, 134101 (2012).
23. “Plasmon-exciton hybridization in ZnO-quantum well-Al nanodisc heterostructures,” B. J. Lawrie, K.-W. Kim, D. P. Norton and R. F. Haglund, Jr., Nano Letters 12, 6125-6157 (2012).
24. “Selective Purcell enhancement of defect emission in ZnO thin films,” B. J. Lawrie, R. Mu and R. F. Haglund, Jr., Optics Letters 37 (9), 1538-1540 (2012).
25. “Noncontact subsurface temperature measurement with nanosecond time resolution during mid-infrared laser irradiation,” S. M. Avanesyan and R. F. Haglund, Jr., Applied Physics A: Materials and Processing 112:155-158 (2013). DOI 10.1007/s00339-012-7222-x.
26. “Complex Polarization Response in Plasmonic Nanospirals,” J. I. Ziegler and R. F. Haglund, Jr., Plasmonics 8:571-579 (2013). DOI 10.1007/s11468-012-9436-3.
27. “Plasmonic Enhancement of the Vanadium-Dioxide Phase Transition Induced by Low-Power Laser Irradiation,” D. W. Ferrara, E. R. MacQuarrie, V. Diez-Blanco, J. Nag, A. B. Kaye and R. F. Haglund, Jr., Applied Physics A: Materials and Processing 108, 255-261 (2012). DOI 10.1007/s00339-012-7018-z (2012).
28. “Ultrafast changes in lattice symmetry probed by coherent phonons,” S. Wall, D. Wegkamp, L. Foglia, K. Appavoo, J. Nag, R. F. Haglund, Jr. and M. Wolf, Nature Communications 3, 721 doi:10.1038/ncomms1719 (2012).
29. “All-Aromatic Polyether-Imide and Polyamide-Imide Thin Films Deposited by Infrared Laser Ablation,” N. L. Dygert, T. J. Dingemans and R. F. Haglund, Jr., High-Performance Polymers 24, 775-782 (2012). DOI:10.1177/0954008312452167.
30. “Role of Defects in the Phase Transition of VO2 Nanoparticles Probed by Plasmon Resonance Spectroscopy,” K. Appavoo, D. Y. Lei, Y.Sonnefraud, B. Wang, S. T. Pantelides, S. A. Maier, R. F. Haglund, Jr., Nano Letters 12 (2), 780-786 (2012).
31. “Revealing Plasmonic Gap Modes in Particle-on-Film Systems using Dark-Field Spectroscopy,” D. Y. Lei, A. I. Fernández-Domínguez, Y. Sonnefraud, K. Appavoo, R. F. Haglund, Jr., J. P. Pendry and S. A. Maier, ACS Nano 6(2), 1380-1386 (2012). DOI: 10.1021/nn204190e.