Meet a USAC Member: Christina Foggie

Posted by on Friday, April 28, 2023 in Meet a USAC Member.

Foggie, CWhat department do you work in and what is your job title?

I’m the Chief of Staff for women’s basketball in the Department of Athletics.

How long have you been a Vanderbilt employee?

I returned to Vanderbilt in 2021 as the Chief of Staff after being a former Vanderbilt women’s basketball student-athlete! (Graduated in 2014)

How long have you been a part of USAC and how has it impacted you?

I have been a part of USAC since the summer of 2022 and it has been an incredible opportunity to connect with peers across campus and learn how other departments function.

What is one important skill every person should have?

Building relationships is a skill that every person would benefit from having. The ability to create genuine and authentic relationships by learning from and connecting with others can unlock endless opportunities.

What is the best perk you have ever had at a job?

The best perk of working in athletics is being able to travel all around the world. Since being hired in 2021, our program has played in multiple countries, and we will be embarking on a foreign tour to Italy in August 2023.

What do you enjoy doing to relieve stress?

I enjoy exercising, reading and vacationing on a beach to relieve stress and recharge.

What did you want to be when you grew up?

I wanted to be a veterinarian because I have a strong love for animals and have never gone a day without owning a pet.

What has been your favorite vacation you have ever been on?

One of the best vacations I have been on was to St. Thomas, USVI in conjunction with a basketball tournament. We were able to enjoy local restaurants, beautiful views by the ocean and our team even participated in community service on the island.

What are you most proud of in your life thus far?

I’m most proud of being drafted in 2014 to the WNBA (Women’s National Basketball Association). Basketball has always meant so much to me and to have reached that height of success in my career was a great culmination of all the hard work that I put into the sport that I love!

What is your favorite outdoor activity?

My favorite outdoor activity is putting on a podcast and going for a long walk to clear my mind.

What skill or talent would you most like to learn?

I would really like to learn how to paint to express myself and enjoy a hobby that is completely different than what I am used to doing.

If you had an extra hour each day, how would you spend it?

I would spend that time catching up via phone or Facetime with someone in my life every day. Carving out intentional time for friends and family is important!