Meet a USAC Member: Jennie Stumpf

Posted by on Tuesday, October 4, 2022 in Meet a USAC Member.

Jennie StumpfWhat department do you work in and what is your job title?

I work at Vanderbilt Law School in Student Affairs. My very long, but accurate for what I do title is Program Coordinator for Student Engagement and Community

What has been your career journey to lead you to where you are today?

I started my career in art gallery management in New Orleans. After moving home to Nashville, I worked for several years at the Adventure Science Center before coming to VLS, first in Admissions and now in Student Affairs.

What do you enjoy most about Vanderbilt?

The setting! It is such a beautiful place to work.

What do you enjoy doing to relieve stress?

Walk my dog! There is nothing better than being outside and with a dog : )

What did you want to be when you grew up?

I wanted to be a chef. I love to cook and, even more, to eat. While I didn’t end up pursuing that, I do cook a lot with my husband who is a great chef.

If you could visit any country with no budget, where would you visit?

Right out of college, I spent a summer interning in Venice and, at the time, I picked the least expensive place I could find, which made for a long walk (or water taxi) to the city center. If I could go back with no budget, I’d stay right in the center and eat my way through the rest of Italy!

What skill or talent would you most like to learn?

I’ve always wanted to learn the trumpet. My grandfather used to play, and I spent 7 years in New Orleans, so I love brass music and think it would be so cool to know how to play.