Meet a USAC Member: Marsha Carter

Posted by on Tuesday, November 2, 2021 in Meet a USAC Member.

Marsha Carter

What department do you work in and what is your job title?

I work in Campus Planning/Facilities in Finance and my title is Administrative Support Professional.

What is the best perk you have ever had at a job?

The Holiday Break that we receive in December is much needed to enjoy family and to relax.

What do you enjoy doing to relieve stress?

I love family time, we play progressive Uno, Monopoly, the WII (the dance videos and sports) and Twister. We have so much fun, and we tell everyone that participates kids and adults (don’t take the loss personal).  The one thing that really relieves stress is a bowl of vanilla ice cream with Hersey’s syrup at the end of the day!

What is one important skill every person should have?

Common Sense – it will take you further in life than you think.

What has been your favorite vacation you have ever been on?   

Puerto Rico – We stayed in a villa that was so relaxing with a huge deck and patio, a pool out back and the beach that was 50 yards away in our backyard.  Our view was poster card beautiful! The food was magnificent.  I’m ready to go back next year.

What is your favorite outdoor activity?

My favorite outdoor activity is football, I’m a real Chicago Bear’s fan, horseback riding and volleyball.

What are you most proud of in your life thus far?

I am so proud of my three daughters because they have really grown up to be beautiful, smart and talented young ladies – just like their Mom😊.

Name two things you consider yourself to be good at?

Baking cakes and cooking all types of food.  To watch people, enjoy the food that you prepared is so rewarding and gratifying.

What skill or talent would you most like to learn?

I wished that I could sing.  Singing is meaningful, harmonic and satisfying to me.