Single sign-on enhancements coming to Zoom and Box for spring 2021
As part of the university’s continued efforts to provide world-class technology and support its teaching and research missions, Vanderbilt University Information Technology continuously strives to increase the security posture of Vanderbilt systems while also enhancing accessibility.
VUIT is excited to announce upgrades to the Zoom and Box user experience, with updates coming soon. Zoom will see enhancements to the single sign-on (SSO) integration. Box will see the same SSO enhancements, with the addition of multi-factor authentication (MFA). These upgrades are aimed at improving the customer experience and security. Below are some highlights of the new features users will see:
- SSO Portal – a hub for starting and ending SSO sessions independent of a specific application
- Reduced logins – SSO and MFA logins will carry from application to application, minimizing the amount of login screens users will see throughout their day
- Standard experience – uniform login and logout screens
- Increased protection – all applications protected by SSO and MFA
- Enhanced login – Users will be able to log in using their primary email address or VUnetID
This transition will allow SSO sessions to remain active for up to 12 hours, and will enable a user’s browser and device to be remembered for seven days for MFA. Users can log in to SSO using either their primary email address or VUnetID for identification.
These enhancements will be applied to both Zoom and Box after the conclusion of the fall semester.
If you experience any issues with SSO or MFA, please contact VUIT Support at 615-343-9999 or submit a help request.