Bornhop Research Group

About the Group

Amanda Kussrow PhD

I was born and raised in Maryland, just outside of Baltimore, where most of my family still lives. I received my BS in chemistry from Villa Julie College in 2003 and joined the Bornhop group in 2004 after my first semester at Vanderbilt University. When not in the lab, I am spending time with my pets, Maverick, a German shepherd, and Squire, a quarter horse. I have been riding horses since I was seven and have had my horse for over nine years now.

amanda.kussrow@vanderbilt.edu

Brad Durbin

I was born and raised in Cincinnati, Ohio. I earned a B.S. in Chemistry in 2012 from Clemson University in South Carolina and joined the Bornhop group in the summer of 2013. When not in the lab, I like to spend most of my time outdoors hiking, kayaking, or whitewater rafting.

braden.m.durbin@Vanderbilt.Edu

Michael Kammer

I grew up in south Mississippi and completed my undergrad in Physics at Loyola University in New Orleans. Music lured me to Nashville. I first joined the Bornhop lab as a technician, but in 2014 I entered graduate school. My research is centered on refining instrumentation, sample injection methods, and algorithms utilized for BSI. In my spare time, I enjoy sampling fine craft beers and listening to good music.

Michael.n.kammer@vanderbilt.edu

Tim Schorkopf

I was born and raised in Basking Ridge, NJ, but moved to Nashville, TN for middle school and high school. I majored in Biomedical Sciences at Auburn University. Prior to joining the Bornhop Group in the Fall of 2013 I worked in the Department of Molecular Physiology and Biophysics at Vanderbilt. When not optimizing BSI assays in the lab, I enjoy playing and following my favorite sports, taking care of my puppy Baxter, and hanging out with friends.

timothy.d.schorkopf@vanderbilt.edu

Nancy Tiller

A native Hoosier, with a bit of wanderlust I have lived in six states but Tennessee is now home. I got my BA from Goucher College in Baltimore MD. Before coming to Vanderbilt, I worked in the legal field and also spent a number of years working in Radiation Safety at the UT Center for the Health Sciences in Memphis.  When not deciphering regulations, managing grants or balancing budgets, I like to spend my time reading, gardening, or doing recreational home repairs.

Nancy.tiller@vanderbilt.edu

About the Group