Welcome to the Laboratory for Innovation in Optofluidics and Nanophotonics (LION). We conduct research at the intersection between Nanophotonics and Microfluidics. Our multidisciplinary research efforts include plasmonic and resonant dielectric metasurfaces for efficient and multifunctional trapping, manipulation, and sensing of nanometric objects such as nano-sized extracellular vesicles, nanobiosensors for the detection of biological molecules, programmable directed nano-assembly of nano-engineered hybrid nanomaterials for quantum photonics.
Through our research, we aim to provide innovative solutions to global challenges in life science and medicine, nanomanufacturing, and sensing. Through these activities, we educate the next generation of creative thinkers and innovators that are equipped to tackle interdisciplinary problems.
What we do
- electrothermoplasmonic tweezers
- opto-thermo-electrohydrodynamic tweezers
- Resonant dielectric nanotweezers
- isolation and analysis of extracellular vesicles
- liquid biopsy of extracellular vesicles
- nanophotonic biosensors for single-molecule analysis
- nano-engineered ultra-bright single-photon source
Plasmonic and Resonant Dielectric Metasurfaces
Department of Electrical Engineering at Vanderbilt University
Office: Featheringill Hall, Room 338
Lab: Featheringill Hall, Room 329/319
Phone: +1(615) 875 1662