To learn more about recent news, events, and research from our lab, check out our landing page or check our publications.
Pint Lab Research in International News:
– Sugar Helps Make New Sodium Sulphur battery – IOP Nanotechweb.org, 2/13/2017.
–Association of American Universities Website – Hosted in page of “Research to Secure our Energy Future” among most innovative ideas in energy related systems. January, 2017.
– Episode 5: World Building – NPR news feature of our work on popular program “Codebreaker” – NPR News Marketplace, 12/15/2016
– How scientists turned junkyard scrap metal into a battery. – Forbes, 11/7/2016.
– Junkyard metal turned into a DIY super battery. – Discovery News Seeker, 11/4/2016.
– Making high performance batteries from junkyard scrap. – Vanderbilt News, 11/2/2016.
– How carbon dioxide from the air can boost batteries. – MIT Technology Review, 3/7/2016.
– How to make electric vehicles that actually reduce carbon. – Vanderbilt News, 3/2/2016.
– Battery draining problem resolved! Charge your Smartphone in 30 seconds Flat – FitandHit News Portal, 11/13/2015
– Fool’s gold could mean faster charging batteries, PC World, 11/12/2015
– Cary Pint is named as top 20 under 40 young talent in engineering, by American Society of Engineering Education, Vanderbilt News Release, 9/23/2014
– Batteries Begone, ASME News, 9/2014
– Structural Supercapacitors could make Batteries and Power Cords Obselete, Gizmag, 5/27/2014
– Structural Supercapacitors Take a Load On, Physics World Magazine, 5/28/2014
– Breakthrough Could Allow us to Build with Batteries, Pacific Standard, 5/20/2014
– Liberating Devices from their Power Cords, Vanderbilt News, 5/19/2014
– Our work on silicon supercapacitors was chosen as one of the top 10 news stories at Vanderbilt University in 2013 – one of only two stories in the top 10 from the engineering program. The full list is shown here.
– Graphene Coated Porous Silicon Opens Path to Integrated Energy Storage, MRS 360, 11/15/2013
– First Silicon Power Cell Could Trash Batteries Discovery News, 10/25/2013
– Battery Boost from Coated Silicon BBC News, 10/24/2013
– New Device Stores Electricity on Silicon Chips, Vanderbilt News, 10/22/2013