Talks & Other Roles
Highlights of conducted workshops and talks
- Workshop on using Exploratory Questioning to foster cognitive skills of Knowledge Integration. August 5th, 2017, Fr. Conceicao Rodrigues College of Engineering, Mumbai. Role: Instructor.
- Panel Talk on International Perspectives on CS Teacher Formation and Professional Development. July 4th, 2017, ITiCSE 2017, Bologna, Italy. Role: Panelist.
- MOOC – IITBombayX: ET612Tx Pedagogy for effective teaching and learning of Computer Science in schools. May 18th – June 14th, 2017. Role: Chief Teaching Associate.
- Workshop on Exploratory Questioning and Knowledge Integration Skills. February 19th, 2017, IIT Bombay, Mumbai. Role: Instructor.
- Workshop on Exploratory Questioning and Knowledge Integration Skills. April 4th, 2017, MPSTME, Vile Parle West, Mumbai. Role: Instructor.
- Workshop on Knowledge Integration Skills. August 1st – 15th, 2016, IIT Bombay, Mumbai. Role: Instructor.
- A three-day workshop on Exploratory Questioning skills. October 27th – 30th, 2015, DIT University, Dehradun. Role: Instructor.
- Design Thinking for Creative Problem Solving in the context of MOOC platform. April 11th – 12th, 2015 IIT Bombay. Role: Instructor.
- Technology Integration in Education (TIE) workshop. March 22nd, 2015, IIT Bombay. Role: Instructor.
- Organized Research Scholars’ Confluence (ReSCon) 2015, as the student coordinator. ReSCon is the annual research scholars’ gathering of research students across India. 20th – 21st March 2015, IIT Bombay. Role: Student Coordinator.
- Workshop on data structures using question posing and online collaboration strategy. January 25th, 2015, IIT Bombay. Role: Instructor.
- A three-day workshop on introduction to data structures using question posing based active learning strategy. 4th-6th July 2014, IIT Bombay. Role: Instructor.
- Instructional Design Workshop. October 6, 2013, BITS Pilani. Role: Instructor.
- Technology Enabled Quality Improvement Program (TEQIP) workshop on Effective Teaching Strategies for Quality Engineering Education teachers on Educational Technology. 24th – 28th January 2013, IIT Bombay. Role: Content Creator and Organizer.
- Improvement of Spatial Thinking Skills using Blender. 29th – 30th September 2012, Goa University. Role: Instructor.
- Reviewer for:
Journal of Educational Technology & Society (ET&S),
International Conference on Innovations and Technology in Computer Science Education (ITiCSE2017),
International Conference on Special Interest Group in CS Education (SIGCSE 2018),
International Conference on Technology for Education (T4E 2015)
- Sub-reviewer for:
AIED (2013, 2015), epiSTEME (2015), ICALT (2013), ICCE (2014, 2015), ICSLE (2015), ITiCSE
(2014), LaTiCE (2014, 2015, 2016), SIGCSE (2015), T4E (2013, 2014)
- Local Organizing Committee Member for International conferences: ICALT 2018, LaTiCE 2016, ICCE 2016, T4E 2016, COLING 2012
- International Committee Member, SIGCSE 2018
- Administered an online course, ET612Tx: Pedagogy for effective teaching and learning of Computer Science in schools, on IITBombayX, as a chief teaching assistant (May 18th – June 14th, 2017)
- Mentored the ET research project, “Online Discussion-Based Learning on Google Blogger for Introductory Programming Course.” Student: Sharmishtha Majumdar, NIT Agartala.
- Mentored the ET tool project, “Android-based handheld application for facilitating in-class collaborative learning.” Student: Arvind Khatik, NIT Agartala.
- Headed the Research Scholars’ Forum, IIT Bombay, as the Overall Coordinator for the tenure 2014-2015.
- Coordinated, Research Scholars’ Confluence (ReSCon) 2015