Research Projects Open for Recruitment
R01 Social Connectedness and Health in Families Coping with Huntington’s Disease
- 5 year NICHD funded descriptive longitudinal study
- Examining stress, coping, and social connectivity and their health correlates in families with Huntington’s Disease and from the community.
- Data collection and recruitment ongoing
Current Research Projects
Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs)
- Adverse Childhood Experiences, Adolescent and Caregiver Emotion Regulation, and Adolescent Physical and Mental Health.
- Goal is to improve programs and interventions for children who have experienced maltreatment and their caregivers
- testing novel laboratory methodology to measure adolescent and caregiver emotion regulation.
- Examining physiological correlates, adolescent emotion regulation, mental and physical health difficulties, caregiver practices, and exposure to adverse childhood events.
- Examining novel associations between adolescents’ and caregivers’ emotions and physiological responses during a face-to-face lab interaction.
- Research stage: data analyses only
CHDI: Families Coping with Huntington’s Disease Study (CHDI Foundation; Griffin Family Foundation)
- Program development to build resilience in families and patients with Huntington’s Disease
- Research Stage: Data collection pending; no longer open for recruitment
- Coping and Communication in Children with Cancer and their Parents
- Cognitive Functioning and Remediation in Children with Congenital Heart Disease
- Thinking and Learning in Children with Sickle Cell Disease
- Family Cognitive Behavioral Prevention of Depression in Youth and Parents
- Communication, Coping, and Executive Function in Children with Cancer
- Cognitive Remediation for Pediatric Brain Tumor Patients
- Enhancing Stress Management and Executive Function Skills in College Students
- Stress and Emotion Regulation in Parents of Children with Cancer
- Prospective Study of Neurocognitive Effects in Pediatric Brain Tumor Patients
- Neuroimaging of Social-Emotional Functioning of Pediatric Brain Tumor Survivors
- Pediatric Cancer and Family Adjustment
- Family Cognitive-Behavioral Prevention of Depression
- Mothers, Children and Their Emotions
- Neuorcognitive Bases of Coping and Emotion-Regulation
- Stress & Coping in College Students – RSQ-II
- Psychobiology of Attention and Social Stress
Other pages regarding our past and current projects are in progress.