Biomechanics of Morphogenesis
Most Relevant Publications
- D.N. Mashburn, H.E. Lynch, X. Ma, M.S. Hutson (2012) “Enabling user-guided segmentation and tracking of surface-labeled cells in time-lapse image sets of living tissues” Cytometry A 81A(5): 409–418. pdf
- M.S. Hutson, J. Veldhuis, X. Ma, H.E. Lynch, P.G. Cranston, G.W. Brodland (2009) “Combining laser microsurgery and finite element modeling to assess cell-level epithelial mechanics” Biophysical Journal 97: 3075-3085 (+4 pp online supplement). pdf
- X. Ma, H.E. Lynch, P.C. Scully, M.S. Hutson (2009) “Probing embryonic tissue mechanics with laser hole drilling” Physical Biology 6: 036004 (12pp + 2pp online supplement). pdf
- M.S. Hutson, G.W. Brodland, J. Yang, and D. Viens (2008) “Cell Sorting in Three Dimensions: Topology, Fluctuations, and Fluidlike Instabilities” Physical Review Letters 101: 148105 (4pp + 3pp online supplement). pdf; Feature story in Vanderbilt Explorations.
- M.S. Hutson and X. Ma (2008) “Mechanical aspects of developmental biology: perspectives On Growth and Form in the (post)-genomic age” Physical Biology 5(1): 015001 (8pp). pdf
- X.G. Peralta, Y. Toyama, Y. Tokutake, M.S. Hutson, S. Venakides, D.P. Kiehart, and G.S. Edwards (2007) “Upregulation of Forces and Morphogenic Asymmetries in Dorsal Closure during Drosophila Development”, Biophysical Journal 92: 2583-2596 (+ 3pp online supplement). pdf
- D.P. Kiehart, Y. Tokutake, M.-S. Chang, M.S. Hutson, J. Wiemann, X.G. Peralta, Y. Toyama, A.R. Wells, A. Rodriguez, and G.S. Edwards “Ultraviolet Laser Microbeam for Dissection of Drosophila Embryos”, in Cell Biology: A Laboratory Handbook, 3rd Edition, edited by J.E. Celis, Chapter 9, pp. 87-103, (Elsevier, 2006).
- M.S. Hutson, Y. Tokutake, M.-S. Chang, J.W. Bloor, S. Venakides, D.P. Kiehart, G.S. Edwards (2003) “Forces for Morphogenesis Investigated with Laser Microsurgery and Quantitative Modeling” Science 300: 145-149 (+ 19pp online supplement). pdf
Connect with Vanderbilt
©2023 Vanderbilt University ·
Site Development: University Web Communications