Site Placement Opportunities
This section contains a selection of international partners with ties to Vanderbilt University. Opportunities exist for individuals at all levels of training including undergraduate, graduate, residents, trainees, and faculty. Listings include—but are not limited to—international service opportunities, research projects in global health, international medical education programs, and funding opportunities.
Discuss your plans with Elizabeth Rose before contacting individuals affiliated with these organizations. Students are also encouraged to research additional avenues for opportunities abroad.
Vanderbilt’s Global Activities Database
The Global Activities Database (VUnetID login required), sponsored by the Vanderbilt International Office, provides information on the global activities of Vanderbilt’s schools and colleges and is searchable by region and country, Vanderbilt school/college, faculty/staff name, international partner, and activity type. Among the types of activities listed in the database are research collaborations, study abroad programs, international courses, and institutional agreements with overseas partners.
VIGH’s Global Health Opportunities Database
The Global Health Opportunities Database provides a central location for select research, educational, and service opportunities in global health.
Other resources for global health opportunities
- AMSA’s International Health Opportunities Directory
- University of Massachusetts’ International Healthcare Opportunities Clearinghouse
- Select student projects are listed below. For a comprehensive list of MPH practicum projects, please visit https://medschool.vanderbilt.edu/mph/practicum.
- A general overview of site placement opportunities can be found Opportunities in Global Health.
- Unite For Sight
Common VIGH Site Locations
• Atlanta – Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
• Minnesota – Minnesota Department of Health – Refugee Health
• Nashville – Metro Public Health Department
• Nashville – Silaom Family Health Center
• Nashville – Tennessee Department of Health
• New York – Concern USA