Daily Archives: April 26, 2015

Hubble Telescope’s 25th Birthday

On April 24th, 2015, Hubble celebrated its 25th anniversary. It celebrated its birthday by taking some amazing images of some giant star clusters. The image above is one of Westerlund 2 which is a giant cluster of stars and dust – a breeding area for new stars. The dust pillars are the main areas where […] Continue reading

Posted in Instruments, Universe | Tagged , , , , | Comments Off on Hubble Telescope’s 25th Birthday

Voyager 2

Today Voyager 1 was on Earth just 38 years and now it’s more than 130 AU away. It is venturing into deep space and exploring areas of the Universe that we have never seen before. On September 12, 2013, the spacecraft left the Solar System. The spacecraft is unique and fascinating in many ways. We […] Continue reading

Posted in Instruments, Space Travel | Tagged , , , , , | Comments Off on Voyager 2

My Cosmic Perspective

Coming into this course, I was already very interested in astronomy. I have always loved looking at the stars, and I had my first formal experiences with astronomy in Astronomy 102: Stars and Galaxies and Astronomy Lab last semester. Thus, I was extremely excited to continue my study of astronomy. I have remained intrigued about […] Continue reading

Posted in General, Science | Tagged , , , , , , | Comments Off on My Cosmic Perspective